Drive-in / Drive Through Racking System
Drive-in racking system can be designed to store 2 to 10 pallets deep to provide maximum use of space and is frequently used in cold room storage. Working on the Principle of ‘First in Last Out’ (FILO), it is particularly used to store very large quantities of the same product.
Drive Through racking system works on ‘First in First Out’ (FIFO) principle, separating the loading and picking aisles for efficient handling, therefore higher throughput. Suitable for pallets that are date-sensitive.
- suitable for high density, homogeneous product storage
- stock rotation – 30% selectivity
- maximises the use of available space in terms of both area and height
- cost effective
- easily expandable
- decreases the possibility of product damage
- independent stacking and retrieval with drive-through racking